Staff Software Engineer
Imagine accessing the web to make an online purchase, read the latest news, or schedule a doctor’s appointment, only to discover the information you need … isn’t accessible. Fifteen percent of our population has a disability preventing them from accessing information housed on millions of websites. At AudioEye, we believe equal access to digital content is the right of every individual and the responsibility of every entity. And we’re doing something about it. We have created cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) digital accessibility technology solutions for businesses that expand website access for individuals with disabilities while maintaining conformance with ADA-related requirements. Simply put, we make digital content more accessible and more usable, for more people.
If you have a passion for equal access for all and a sincere desire to make a difference in the lives of millions, join the fast-growing, dynamic team at AudioEye.
Learn more: https://www.audioeye.com/about-us/
As a Staff Software Engineer you will help lead the way for how customers engage with our platform, helping lead our customer experience team to create new ways to engage with our customers and end users.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS STATEMENT(S)
- Build new systems to provide the customer with the best experiences towards managing their web accessibility
- Work with the product and design teams to deliver outcomes for customers that will be engineered to scale and delight customers
- Serve as the leading voice and source of engineering excellence for front end experiences
- Contribute to the near and long-term visions for features and product lines
- Establish a strong engineering culture by collaborating with members of multidisciplinary teams and advocating for quality, performance, and users
- Be able to take a leadership positioning on the team communicating architectural decisions and guiding other team members
- Participate in the planning process for new product features and projects
- Provide product team with engineering guidance and participate in discovery sprints as needed to provide technical guidance
- Keep ahead of industry trend, engineering standards and best practices through continued learning
- At least 5 years of experience as a front-end engineer or similar role
- Excellent communicator with superb listening, speaking and writing skills
- Passion for identifying and solving user problems
- Work with Gitlab and actions to manage your teams DevOps pipelines and deployments
- Be capable of working with test automation and guiding your team towards best practices
- Familiar with agile practices
- BONUS: You are an advocate for accessibility and are connected amongst the engineering community
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar field
Experience: 5 plus years experience
Technical Skills: React/Redux, Github, AWS, Docker, Cypress or other testing frameworks
We do not accept 3rd party solicitations. Staffing agencies please refrain from contact.