Imagine accessing the web to make an online purchase, read the latest news, or schedule a doctor’s appointment, only to discover the information you need … isn’t accessible. Fifteen percent of our population has a disability preventing them from accessing information housed on millions of websites. At AudioEye, we believe equal access to digital content is the right of every individual and the responsibility of every entity. And we’re doing something about it. We have created cloud-based, software-as-a-service (SaaS) digital accessibility technology solutions for businesses that expand website access for individuals with disabilities while maintaining conformance with ADA-related requirements. Simply put, we make digital content more accessible and more usable, for more people.
If you have a passion for equal access for all and a sincere desire to make a difference in the lives of millions, join the fast-growing, dynamic team at AudioEye.
Learn more: https://www.audioeye.com/about-us/
The In-House Corporate Attorney will impact the organization by responsibly leading corporate strategic and tactical legal initiatives and providing in-house legal services to AudioEye leadership, team, and employees. The Corporate Attorney provides senior management and the Board with effective advice on company strategies and their implementation, manages the legal function, and oversees the work of outside counsel (when engaged). The Corporate Attorney is directly involved in complex business transactions in negotiating critical contracts, IP management and other Public Company Matters. The Corporate Attorney will interpret laws, rulings and regulations to advise on legal matters including contracts, strategic transactions, employment law, legal compliance, corporate governance and employment matters. The Corporate Attorney will also advise the corporation on pending and threatened litigation and other legal proceedings and will be responsible for managing outside counsel.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each essential function satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Assist in the continuous improvement of AudioEye’s corporate governance program, including performing research, drafting corporate governance articles, and preparing stakeholder presentations
- Assist with drafting proxy statement (including CD&A), annual report and quarterly filings
- Draft minutes and corporate governance presentations
- Assist with preparation of materials for Board of Directors
GENERAL CORPORATE LAW
- Be the primary source of in-house legal counsel for the company.
- Draft and review a variety of commercial contracts, including consulting agreements, NDAs, employment-related agreements, leases, vendor agreements, independent contractor agreements and licenses related to AudioEye’s business offerings
- Legal research related to DE and other applicable state corporate law
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws, regulations and internal policies; assist in the continuous improvement of AudioEye’s corporate compliance program.
- Remain connected with outside counsel on items of a more specialized nature pertinent to our industry for which outside counsel is required. Provide a continual review of efficiency and effectiveness of these resources.
- Serve as primary legal counsel for the company in all M&A related activity.
- Must be active member of the State Bar
- 3-5 years of experience as a Corporate Attorney handling corporate governance at a top law firm or public company (with at least 2 years prior in-house experience strongly preferred).
- Experience with a Technology Micro-Cap company is preferred.
- Creative, innovative team player with positive attitude and excellent communication and interpersonal skills who displays discretion and sound judgment in all legal matters.
- Strong research, drafting, negotiating and analytical skills; must be detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Excellent oral communications skills; ability to communicate effectively in presentations and express complex strategies in an organized and articulate manner.
- Basic knowledge of tax and employment laws; familiarity with trademark and copyright law preferred but not required.
- Must be responsive and flexible to a variety of business needs, able to manage multiple priorities, and adapt quickly to change.
Skills and Abilities
Education: Juris Doctorate
Experience: 3-5 Years as an In House Corporate Attorney, experience with a Technology Micro-Cap company is preferred, and current member of the State Bar
Computer Skills: MAC proficient
We do not accept 3rd party solicitations. Staffing agencies please refrain from contact.